The Best Veterinary Care for Your Pet
Your pets are important members of your family. At Soldotna Animal Hospital, we understand this connection and value your pets as if they were our own. Our services range from wellness examinations and immunizations to on-site surgical care. In addition, our hospital facility is equipped with the latest in modern medical equipment, including radiology and an on-site laboratory.
Most important, we see your pet as an individual, and we will build a partnership with you that will complement wellness and treatment plans that are specifically tailored for your pet.
- Veterinary Surgery—Our state-of-the-art surgical suite allows us to perform a wide variety of surgical procedures.
- Pet Dental Care—Soldotna’s dental services include teeth cleaning and polishing, digital dental radiography, and oral surgery.
- Therapeutic Laser—Our Class IV Therapy Laser provides our pets with surgery-free, drug-free, lasting pain relief and healing.
- Ultrasonography—Non-invasive ultrasound procedures provide valuable information in abdominal and thoracic (chest) examinations and are a great tool for pregnancy diagnosis.
- Endoscopy—We use flexible and rigid endoscopes to retrieve foreign bodies; obtain biopsies; perform rhinoscopy, otoscopy, gastroscopy, and colonoscopy; and much more.
- Dermatology—We perform skin and ear cytology to provide accurate diagnosis and treatment. Allergy testing, skin biopsies, cultures, and elimination diets are additional diagnostic tools.
- Ophthalmology—We use a Tonopen electronic tonometer to measure eye pressure in pets. Direct ophthalmoscopy, corneal staining, and schirmer tear tests are performed when indicated.
- Radiology—Our modern, high frequency X-ray equipment provides high quality radiographs that aid in the diagnosis of many disorders. With our automatic processor, we have high quality films in a matter of minutes.
- Electrocardiography: ECG services via Idexx telemedicine enable us to perform in-house ECGs and consult with veterinary cardiologists on every case.
- Laboratory—Our veterinary team can perform serum chemistry, hematology, serology, urinalysis, coagulation profiles, and parasite testing in our in-house laboratory.
- Pharmacy—We maintain a complete inventory of pharmaceuticals, vitamins, shampoos, nutritional supplements, and prescription diets for your pet.
- Nutritional Counseling—We’ll give you advice about the nutritional needs for each life stage of your pet, including dietary requirements for growth, weight maintenance, and performance.
- Behavioral Counseling—We are happy to advise you on how to correct problems such as excessive barking, chewing, spraying, scratching, digging, house soiling, and aggression.
- Emergency Care—24 hours a day, seven days a week, if your pet needs emergency treatment, we have a veterinarian on call at (907) 398-3838.